Saturday, October 8, 2011

I love film.

I love how… real film is.

It’s not a bunch of images saved to a rectangle of plastic and metal.

It’s there. Each and every exposure you can hold in your hand.

I love the painstaking process of loading film into an old camera.

I love the fear of wasting a precious frame that causes me to think before I shoot.

I love it.

I need more.

All I have left is 10(?) exposures in Roseanne.

Meh.

Also, I think part of my love is it’s currently the only way I have to shoot manually.

If I mess it all up, I know it’s because I focused wrong or chose the wrong combination of settings.

With my digital point and shoot, I have to deal with it focusing wrong and stuff. It’s annoying.

I learn more with film.

2 comments:

  1. This post is pretty. Just saying.
    ^That totally sounded creepy. *Pretty post* but seriously. Pretty post.

    Film is awesome though, agreed. Also, your camera is named Roseanne? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. x)

    Yeah, Roseanne is the name of my Argus C4.

    ReplyDelete