Sunday, December 27, 2009

◘◘◘

Christmas has come to pass....
Merry December 27th! :D
I have been very neglectful of this blog. I had a lot of stuff to do. Mostly sewing because I made a bunch of stuff for Christmas gifts. It was fun but very time consuming.

Emily and I went outside to play in the snow, earlier. It snowed a lot yesterday. I also took some pictures of the snow. I couldn't take as many as I wanted to, though. My stupid memory card got all filled up because I haven't taken pictures off my memory card in awhile.
That's what I'm doing right now- uploading pictures off of my camera and onto the computer. There's 300 pictures and it's taking forever.

Emily and I are going to watch some Psych season three in a little bit. We're waiting for a DVD player to get freed up. That's what happens when everyone in the family gets DVDs for Christmas.

I'm sure everyone has heard it said before that God blesses us in ways that we don't expect. It really is true and it really hit me last week.
There's this poster I got a frame for and it was hanging on the wall of Emily and I's room above Emily's bed.
Not long after I bought the frame, I noticed that one of the hooks on the back of the frame had gotten bent funny and was causing the poster to hang weirdly. I took the poster off of the wall and leaned it against my wall.
A week ago, while I was wrapping Christmas presents, I bumped against the poster. I barely touched it and yet cracks were sent up all through the glass. I guess there was a flaw or something in the glass.
I was sad that the frame was rendered useless and that I'd have to buy another frame.
But then I had a thought that made me grateful that the frame had broken when it had.
What if the frame had fallen off the wall while Emily was sleeping? I could be blogging right now about how my little sister is in the ER instead of telling about my broken frame.
So thank you, God. Thank you for causing that hook to bend and saving Emily from a trip to the hospital.
It's the season of multiple holidays and there's plenty to be thankful for.
From littler things like food to eat to larger things like a failed terror plot, there's an abundance of things to be grateful for.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment